Sunday, August 14, 2011

G+: Social Networking that propagates interaction.

It is as I have observed quite so, that Google+ does indeed fulfill quite the social aspect of a social network. Maybe it's the excitement, or because it isn't mainstream yet, but either way it does it's job. Never before have I approached people whom I never knew and be able to have conversations with them. From Writers to Tech heads to Google employees to all around average people, nothing has touched on such a level.

It's success in my opinion is no doubt in part of the control YOU as the user has. Not everyone wants to share everything with everyone. Down to the last detail Google has made sure that you have every control when it comes to telling who what you want them to hear or see. Google has made sure to try and replicate reality as much as it can and has done a fine job. Google Itself uses the social network, and by golly the chance to see, meet and talk to Google employees has been a big dream for many that I can speak for. The demographic Population is relatively stable as well. It is filled with young, and adult.

What truly separates G+ from Facebook is it's user base. G+ members don't necessarily try to be what they are not. The Young don't try and intrude to change adults, and the adults remain themselves while interacting with younger members. This is fantastic interaction that builds strong bonds, and leads people down better paths and goals. Never in my life did I think I would be helping others on a social network, being not to chatty or social myself(at least until G+). On Facebook this interaction does not happen. Facebook strictly promotes the known friends and family. There isn't any real way to know someone before hand and expand. G+ on the other hand often encourages you to meet others.

On a final note, G+ has one thing that the other 2 main giants do not and that is integration. Unlike other social networks who solely focus on the singular social method, G+ is integrate with all of Google's services. From one window you can open up Gmail, YouTube, maps, blogs, wikis ect. It's all there at the click of a mouse. G+ serves a purpose to smoothly translate services, which is a big plus for businesses  and something I hope to see grow in the future.

At the end of the day, although I wish Google luck, no matter how dominant Facebook remains, anybody and everybody on G+ is who I'd talk to on a social network.

2 comments:

  1. Jose,
    Great post on your Google+ experience. I think you have summarized all the best points. It is exciting to be able to share the 1st generation beta test on Google+ with you! You are helping me a lot and I am very appreciative! Look forward to learning more from you as we progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carra :D I'm glad to have your acquaintanceship and support.

    ReplyDelete