Saturday, August 20, 2011

Blog Color choice: Scientific Good

Other than the obvious reason of choosing the "Awesome" design pallet for the blog, I'd thought I would narrow down a more definitive reason for doing so. It is a beneficial one at that, and one that I'm sure some people will come to appreciate. Indeed, the dark color pallet was not chosen for personality or some abstract reason, but in actuality for a common good among viewers. Allow me to explain a bit on the situation.

The dark color pallet is easy on the eyes for one. The harsh contrast presented by white reflective LCD screens tends to strain the eyes, especially as the day winds down, at which some readers or friends tend to access such. The darkness is itself working with you to make the experience smoother. Even in broad daylight a darker screen isn't so much a bad one on reading, though experience may vary I'll admit on position on the globe.

It's not to say that other sites using the overtly white design are bad, far from it, but that I find the darker color more inclusive and something to relax a person, in light of it's other changes. In hopes of continuing that experience I will leave to color be. I know some people(myself included) do spend times of the day revisiting sites, even in near darkness. This is among my shorter posts due to the brief explanation of the circumstance and something I felt I had to share.

I hope my reasoning suits well with a like of the design. If not, then I apologize and may well look into an alternative blend for future reference. Feedback is appreciated on the design, and if your some sort of art dictator who will tear a person to shreds over simple mistakes...I wouldn't mind hearing from you either. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment