Sunday, October 23, 2011

DREAMS...that really stick on

We've all experienced it in the realm of dreams, these... aberrational adventures that just seem to come either out of absolutely nowhere or from something you remember. It's just so strange sometimes, the motives behind them are never clear but nevertheless they make for sometimes interesting plots. I figured I'd share a few of them with you today. Dreams vary from short to medium for me, so I don't expect to go too in depth with these.

Dream #1: The Flower
Self Explanatory this one is. I was walking into my parents bedroom and skipped to a scene that portrayed me sleeping. The jump was similar to those you see in static interactive games of the early 90's. I looked at the flower and screamed in fright. Why? I do not know, but my guess was that it had something to do with Jumamji which I had seen beforehand perhaps extending to a week prior.

Dream 2: Going home
In this one I was about 7 and running home through our neighborhood with my 2 sisters vastly outpacing me. I do not know what or if we were running from something, but I was yelling at them for help. We reached home turf save for the one obstacle left to overcome, one of the gutters along the sidewalk. They easily jumped the gutter, because admittedly it was a 3 inch jump, not hard to make. For some reason however, the gutter was hellbent on getting me, so It exponentially grew and engulfed me just as I jumped for home. I was then jump cut to what must have been my corpse floating through the sewer in calm waters. This was probably after watching "Alligator".

Dream 3: Dino-bird
This had direct connection to Disney's Dinosaur film but it was short and bizarre. Me and some friends were walking down a road, when one of us pointed back to see an Allosaurus. We attempted to run in futility, but I was caught almost instantly. However, rather than being horribly killed, the creature bit my finger and it was as harmless a bite as the one from our parakeet.

Dream 4: Iceberg Speed of WTF?
It was a cold day, and there was a long unusual design of stairs leading from building to building. While going through one of the stairs, the Hudson river was unfrozen and calm, yet there was an Iceberg moving faster than the motorboats in the area, and it was pretty large.

Dream 5: Special Ops
I do not know exactly where this one came from. They synopsis however has me leading a group of specially armed soldiers with me still being about 9, in a raid on Egyptian pyramids hunting for boogeymen. While going on advance recon, I was killed trying to warn my team. Luckily the saw me, before death, which was in fact an ambush and set the field for combat. I was revived at some point in a police car in the middle of the Atlantic with no one around me only to see a Stonehenge like structure in the distance.

Dream 6: Desert avoidance
This took place in an apparent future still at my age of about 15 with my sister as we were being pursued by bounty hunters around Africa, with a map I found however, marking all the locations in Africa similar to Florida. I do not know if we were caught or not, but I know we managed to avoid the BH's.

Dream 7: Cthulhu invasion
This one happened last night. I can trace it back to my late night horror movie searching and several sightings of Cthulhu mentioned among them. I was not in this one, but simply watched a blonde headed woman in her late 20's attempt to stem an invasion of squid, who look like the Quarren from Star wars. She would later fail, as while near the docks for whatever reason, one of the squid leaped out and grabbed her. They were slightly larger, but not BIG squid and pulled her into the water as I watched her die in typical 80's-90's monster killings. I do not know the fate of the world, because the dream cut off after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment